Las Delicias offers a selection of ten different tortas —
- Milanesa (sliced breaded steak)
- Pork leg
- Cuban (pork leg, pastor, ham and cheese; this one costs a little more)
— as well as a “combination,” which allows you to pick two toppings. Pork leg, pastor and Cuban are my standbys, but on this day I was struggling to decide. So, I ordered a chorizo and egg torta and nicknamed it “Mexican Breakfast Sandwich.”
At first I was hesitant to order eggs from a menu that includes few egg dishes, but in my many previous experiences at Las Delicias the ingredients have been super-fresh. This was no different. The ground sausage was spicy and the scrambled eggs were just crumbly enough. It was a little messy, but isn’t that the hallmark of a great sandwich?
As always, we started with an order of Las Delicias’ famous made-to-order guacamole and split a bowl of chicken tortilla soup.
4002 Park Ave.
Memphis, TN 38111
- absinthelacedwithinsomnia likes this
- tarpo likes this
- heleveeta likes this
- twitchyspastic likes this
- isitsafe likes this
- pandemiclaughter reblogged this from donotcallmeashley and added:
- pandemiclaughter likes this
- thesemicullen likes this
- donotcallmeashley reblogged this from lunchbrag
- donotcallmeashley likes this
- lunchbrag posted this